Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The wisdom of Charlie Munger

"A majority of life's errors are caused by
             forgetting what one is really trying to do."

Charles Thomas "Charlie" Munger (b. 1924)
Vice-Chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett's right-hand man


In other words,
"Keep your eye on the ball."
"Do what's at the top of your list."
"Do the right thing."

Munger also says: "In my whole life, I have known no wise people who didn't read all the time -- none, zero. You'd be amazed at how much Warren [Buffett] reads -- at how much I read. My children laugh at me. They think I'm a book with a couple of legs sticking out."



Reading isn't the only thing you have to do if you aspire to be wise…I think it's true that if you want to be an interesting person, if you want to be an interested person, if you want to make a difference in your life, and with your life, then reading is one of the preliminaries....

....and you have to keep it up, too….







Copyright © Richard Carl Subber 2016 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment